3500 Laurelvale Dr
Studio City, CA 91604
20+ years of experience with Linux, Solaris, Unix, DNS, Web Hosting, E-mail, TCP/IP, Network troubleshooting, Solaris Performance Tuning, Shell Scripting (sh, ksh, tcsh, csh, bash), and Perl. Several years of SQL, Oracle Installation and Tuning, and Unix security experience. 5+ years of experience in web hosting. 7+ years of experience in a VOIP environment.
NetFortris/Fonality, Inc., Culver City, CA
11/2010 - 09/2019
Senior Systems Architect
- Designed the global data replication architecture and data schema for the next generation phone product (NextFon), using a combination of Redis, MySQL, Couchbase, HDFS, and NFS.
This architecture had to handle a global customer base, with the requirements of highly available, automated failover, and minimal cost/complexity for the company itself.
- Ensured that our general software architecture would scale cleanly and be highly available.
- Designed deployments, systems and system architecture in order to achieve high performance, scalability, reliability, and ease of maintenance.
- Helped to design the next generation of our systems in order to avoid common pitfalls.
- Managed the databases and database infrastructure and performed DBA role.
Mediatemple, Inc., Culver City, CA
9/2007 - 11/2010
Senior Systems Engineer
- Worked with the engineering staff to design high performance, highly available storage systems for distributed web hosting clusters with thousands of customers.
- Designed the Grid Storage v2 and v3 architectures
- Worked with Operations to ensure knowledge transfer and maintainability of systems.
- Designed, wrote, and implemented a multi-threaded backup architecture for over 16 PB of customer data.
Amp'd Mobile, Inc., Los Angeles, CA
1/2006 - 8/2007
Senior Manager, Network Services
- Working with the development teams, helped to make products scalable, supportable, and manageable.
- Worked with development and operations to ensure that new systems were successfully transitioned to our vendors.
- Managed a team of people performing Systems Administration tasks for our internal development teams.
- Using Solaris Zones, created a staging environment in a box, that could have saved Amp'd over $60,000 a month.
Filmcomposer.com, Inc., Los Angeles, CA
5/2004 - 2/2008
Chief Information Officer
- Helped to set policies and procedures for how the company maintains and processes information and electronic resources.
- Helped to define, procure, and implement the Information Technology structure
Earthlink Networks, Los Angeles, CA & Atlanta, GA
7/2002 - 3/2004
Senior System Administrator
- As part of the Focus Systems Administration department, I provided systems administration expertise to the development groups working on our portal products.
- Provided a level of escalation and in-depth technical expertise and troubleshooting on production issues.
- Helped evaluate different server platforms for use for our products.
- Helped ensure that products in development were stable, scalable, and would be manageable in production for 5 million customers.
PacketVideo Corporation, Los Angeles, CA
4/2001 - 4/2002
Unix Systems Administrator
- Provided technical support to members of the Engineering Development and Quality Assurance teams
- Ensured the stability of development environments to develop and
debug wirelessWebapplications usingTomcat, Apache, Oracle, Interbase,
- Assisted during development and debugging of the product
PVAirStudio Development Kit, an ADK for the PacketVideo wireless
multimedia streaming platform
- Worked closely with Quality Assurance to set up and maintain testing servers and systems
- Set up and maintained a development environment for outside
(possibly competing) developers to share, including security and
iBoost Technology, Inc., North Hollywood, CA
7/2000 - 3/2001
Unix Systems Administrator
- Designed, set up, configured, tuned and monitored servers to
maintain a 24/7/365 Web presence to sustain the company's core business
(Web advertising and content aggregation)
- Maintained more Web traffic than all of IBM's Web traffic (Position
296(iBoost) versus 297(IBM) on the Web300, November, 2000). Worked
closely with internal developers to track down and eliminate
performance-related issues with internally designed Web applications
University ofSouthern California, School of Fine Arts, Los Angeles, CA
10/1999 - 7/2000
Matrix Lab Technician
- Worked with the machines in the Matrix program (digital video and digital publishing program for students)
- Created a second lab space, including specifying machines, application programs, and operating systems
- Maintained the USC School of Fine Arts Web site, including an
internal Web site to help staff work toward a paperless office
- Managed four student workers to enable the lab space to be open more hours
JOBTRAK Corporation, Los Angeles, CA
1/1997 - 1/1999
- Helped discover problems and solutions for problems with Web applications
- Performed technical support via phone and e-mail
- Performed various systems administration tasks, including DNS maintenance and Sendmail tuning
- Created customized scripts to fax information on demand with information pulled from the company’s Oracle database
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
Computer Science/Computer Engineering